- "Okay, bye, go, have fun! ....The babies are safe with their Ah-Mah."
- ―Jasmine to her son in Adventures in Babysitting
Many in the magical world consider her to be the greatest Te Xuan Ze in existence; next to the rogue and corrupt Kai Yee, who is not remembered or revered as such.
Ah-Mah is a gray-haired old woman with some overweight, due to her age and a white streak of hair, not because of her age, but because of her Te Xuan Ze status.
When she was younger, she was very similar to June when it comes to physical aspect, though with a few differences; Jasmine is a bit taller, still wears her hair in a ponytail, her cheekbones are a bit more visible, with her whole face shape being slightly more angular, resembling a triangle more or less rather than an oval. 11-year old Jasmine also appears to be thinner than Juniper. The streak in her hair was a deep purple when shown she was aged down to roughly ages of 25 and 11.
She is calm and deliberate in most respects but crude and tough when she needs to be. The 69-year-old gives June advice on dealing with the magical community and their expectations of her, and assists her when she is in serious trouble. As of the "Monster Con" episode, and is pragmatic, in the sense that she prevents June from shirking her responsibilities.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
After her father was no longer the Te Xuan Ze, Jasmine became the Te Xuan Ze in his place and gained all of the powers that are associated with the role of The Protector including superhuman strength, speed, durability etc. She also gained the ability to see through the magical barrier that prevents mortals from seeing magical creatures, and also acquired magical abilities of her own. As she served as the Te Xuan Ze and gained experience, Ah-Mah became a powerful and skilled user of magic. As she began to age past her prime, however, using these abilities began to wear on her physical being. Her stamina seemed to suffer the most, as she was unable to continue standing after two or three minutes of all out combat. She was effortlessly defeated by the strongest and "younger" Kai Yee and was forced to draw energy from the magical source itself in order to continue to fight him. This weakness due to age cements Ah-Ma as a former Te Xuan Ze, leaving the role and responsibility up to her granddaughter Juniper.
Other Skills Edit
- Master Martial Artist: In "Little Big Mah", she claims that she knows karate and about 26 other different styles of hand-to-hand combat.
- Motorcyclist - Jasmine owns a motorcycle and it can be assumed that she has been using one for a long time.
- Dragon Rider - Jasmine has been shown to ride dragons on numerous occasions so it can be assumed that she is skilled at this as well.
Season One Edit
- It's My Party and I'll Whine if I Want To (narration and first)
- I Got My Mummy on My Mind and My Mind on My Mummy
- It Takes a Pillage
- New Trickster in Town
- Enter Sandman
- Ding Dong, the Witch Ain't Dead
- I'll Get By with a Little Help from My Elf
- Meet the Parent (cameo)
- Monster Con
Season Two Edit
Season Three Edit
- She is a secondary recurring character.
- She hasn't been to China in forty years (as Roxanne: "I haven't been to China in 40 years! ...Uh, I mean weeks. Four weeks.")
- Jasmine has a license in flying dragons. She tells Juniper in season one that she's been taking classes. We see her flying dragons in season two and riding one instead of her motorcycle in season three.
- Jasmine collects ugly moose heads as a side-hobby.
- Jasmine's voice-actor Amy Hill had already played a grandma of a main character before, on 1994's "All-American Girl" about a young rebellious Korean-American girl played by comedian Margaret Cho.
- After Juniper became Te Xuan Ze, Jasmine began traveling the world trying to find a way to free her from the protective barrier of Orchid Bay, or to find a loophole in the rules governing all Te Xuan Ze.